PSC CURRENT AFFAIRS QUESTIONS
1. Who will succeed Ranjan Mathai as the Foreign secretary of India?
Ans) Sujatha Singh ( Ambassador to Germany)
2.Which satellite is India’s first dedicated Navigation satellite ( An alternative to GPS of USA)?
Ans) IRNSS-1A (INDIAN REGIONAL NAVIGATION SATELLITE SYSTEM)
3. Name the the 28th member of EUROPIAN UNION?
4. Which state was declared as the FIRST SMOKE FREE STATE in India?
Ans) Himachal Pradesh
( In compliance with sec 4 of cigarettes and other tobacco products act (COTPA), 20003. Himachal Pradesh achieved 85.42 % compliance with relevant parameters) SOURCE : The Hindu
5. Muthoot finance corp recently got the in-principle authorisation from RBI to set up WHITE LABEL ATM’s….What are they?
6. Who will be the next Chief Justice of India?
Ans) Justice P Sathasivam (Seniormost supreme court judge. He is from Tamil Nadu.
7. Who has been chosen for the UN Global award for Public Services?
Ans) Kerala CM Oomen Chandy.
8.Which all are the three drugs banned by Govt of India recently?
Ans) Anti-diabetes drug pioglitazone, painkiller analgin and anti-depressant deanxit
9. Recently Tajmahal was selected for third place by Travellers across globe via which award?
Ans) Trip Advisor’s 2013 Travellers Choice Attractions Awards
First Place- Machu Picchu (Peru)
Second Place- Angkor Wat (Cambodia)
10. What is the name of recently appointed Home Secretary of India?
Ans) Anil Goswami