SECRETARIAT ASSISTANT ANSWER KEY AND SOLVED PAPER (2013)
The Secretariat Assistant exam conducted on 05/01/201 and hope that all of you have done well. Given below please find the Secretariat Assistant answer key and solved paper (2013)……….
Keralapsc has published the Final answer keys. Six questions have been deleted by kerala psc out of 100 questions……
SECRETARIAT ASSISTANT EXAM (05/01/2013) SOLVED PAPER
1. Which lamp has the highest energy efficiency?
a) Incandescent lamp b) LED c) CFL d) Arc lamp
2. Yellow light is a combination of _________ primary colors?
Ans) Red and Green
3. Diverging lens produces _________ type of images?
Ans) Small virtual image
4. The process used to produce Ammonia is ?
Ans) Haber Process
5. The non-metal which exists in liquid state at room temperature is ?
6.2007 Nobel Prize for chemistry was awarded to ?
Ans) Gerhard Ertl
7. The 5th state of matter is ?
Ans) Bose Einstein condensate
8. Speed of Blue color light in vacuum is?
Ans) = 3×108 m/s
9. Which fuel has the highest calorific value?
a.Biogas b. Methane c. Petrol D. Hydrogen
10. In which direction does rainbow appear in the morning?
Ans) West (Note: Rainbow always appears opposite to the sun)
11. The chief minister of Uttarakhand ?
Ans) Vijay Bahuguna
12) Who is the president of France?
Ans) Francois Hollande
13) The Booker Prize winner 2012
Ans) Hilary Mantel
14. ICC T20 World Cup winner of 2012 is ?
Ans) West Indies
15. Who won the womens 100 mts gold in 2012 olympics?
Ans) Shelly Ann Fraser Pryce
16. The 59th National film award for best director was won by?
Ans) Gurvinder Singh
17. God’s particle is the pseudonym of _____?
Ans) Higgs Boson
18. Which rocket was launched by ISRO during the 100th mission?
Ans) PSLV C 21
19. The Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to _____?
Ans) European Union
20. The minister of Co-operation in Kerala is
Ans) C N Balakrishnan
21. India is mainly called a tropical country mainly on account of its
a) Latitudinal extent b) Longitudinal extent c) Areal size d) Tropical Monsoon climate
Ans) Latitudinal extent
22. The marshy and forested land in northern part of Uttar Pradesh is called?
23. Which river is called a river between two mountains?
24. Which state is called agricultural epitome of India?
25. Which region of India has a larger female population than male?
a) West Bengal b) Mizoram c) Nagaland d) Puduchery
Ans) Puduchery (Note: among given option puduchery is correct)
26. Who was the propounder of the doctrine of Passive Resistance?
Ans) Mahatma Gandhi
27. In which five year plan University Grants Commission was set up for promoting and strengthening higher education?
Ans) First Five year plan
28. Who is known as the father of Renaissance of western India?
Ans) M G Ranade
29. The longest river in Peninsular India ?
30. The largest producer of rice in India
a) Kerala b) Andhra c) Tamil Nadu d) Gujarat
Ans) Andhra Pradesh (Note: West Bengal is the largest producer in India )
31. The national animal of Kerala is ?
a) Tiger b) Elephant c) Leopard d) Deer
Ans) Elephant (Note: This is a tricky question. We know that not only for kerala but for the all the states “Tiger” is the national animal. But assuming that the examiner might have intented to ask the “state animal” we choose option as elephant)
32. The southern most river in kerala?
33. The Largest National Park in Kerala?
34. The first dam in kerala?
35. The most populated district in Kerala as per census 2001?
36. The Chattambi swamikal was born in the year:
37. The savarna jatha to support the Vaikom Satyagraha was organized by?
Ans) Mannath Padmanabhan
38. Vivekodayam magazine was published by
39. Atma Vidya Sangam was founded by
40. In Travancore, the temple entry proclamation was made in
41. The constitution describes India as a ____________
Ans) Union of States
42. The authority/body competent to determine the conditions of citizenship in India?
Ans) The Parliament
43. From which Constitution India borrowed the idea of Directive Principles of State Policy?
44. Who was the chairman of the constituent assembly of India?
Ans) Dr Rajendra Prasad
45. Power of Judiciary to declare a law invalid on constitutional ground is called
Ans) Judicial Review
46. Status of UPSC is ________
a) Legal b) Administrative c) Advisory d) Constitutional
47. Chairman of National Human Rights Commission is appointed by?
Ans) The President
48. Money bill is first introduced in ?
Ans) Lok Sabha
49. Which amendment act incorporated the Right to education into the list of Fundamental rights in India?
Ans) 86th amendment
50. First Chairperson of the National Commission for Women?
Ans) Jayanti Patnaik
51. He stayed at home yesterday because he ______ a bad cold.
52. Look me _______ when you are in India next year.
53. I am extremely sorry I can’t talk to you now, I am ________
Ans) pressed for time
54. Hundred rupees _______ enough for the taxi fare.
In which part of the sentences (55 and 56) is the mistake.
55. He has delivered a best speech on the topic
Ans) a best speech ( Note: the best speech is correct)
56. I received a check for one lakh rupees as advance for my book.
Ans) a check for one lakh rupees ( Note: it is cheque and not check)
57. What is the passive voice form of : This shop sells non-fiction books.
Ans) Non-fiction books are sold in this shop.
58. Report,” Is your book on Shakespeare”, he asked her.
Ans) He asked her if her book was on Shakespeare
59. Chocolate cake contains a _________ amount of calorie.
60. Within a short period of time, he reached the _______ of his career.
Qn 61 to 70 malayalam
71. When a key is pressed on the key board which standard is used for converting the keystroke into corresponding bits?
72. Software such as explorer and firefox are referred to as ____
73. Which of the following is not an output device?
74. Which technology is used in Compact Disk?
75. The programs which are permanent as hardware and stored in TAM is known as
76. Which access method is used for obtaining a record from cassette?
77. ASCII stands for?
Ans) American Standard Code for Information Interchange
78. Which of the following identifies a specific web page and its computer on the web?
79. An optical input device that intercepts pencil marks on paper media is
80. Information Technology act was enacted on ________
Ans) 09 Jun 2000